I need your prayers!
On Monday, February 11, I will be traveling to Germany to meet the European Compass team for the first time. Under the very able leadership of Peter Briscoe of Holland, about 25 world-class country leaders will be assembling from England, Holland, Spain, Switzerland, France, Sweden, Finland, Germany, Portugal, Macedonia, Slovenia, and Croatia.
We will then participate in the Europartners Conference exposing Christian business people throughout Europe to Compass. I will be joined by Bruce Witt and Kyle Hasbrouck on the trip, and we will return on the 18th.
I strongly sense that the Lord is up to something very, very special in this part of the world. A couple of Sundays ago I was praying over a map for each of the European countries, and unexpectedly began weeping. I was overcome by a sense of urgency to pray for the Lord to raise up His leaders for Compass in Europe.
In Luke 10:2-3, Jesus said, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore beseech the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest. Go, I send you out as lambs in the midst of wolves.”
Examine this passage closely. Jesus Christ revealed several realities to us:
- The Lord has prepared hearts to receive Christ as savior and for hearts to be teachable to learn (in our case) how to handle money God’s way.
- Unfortunately, there are relatively few people committed to this task.
- Fortunately, we can pray and ask the Lord Himself to bring laborers who will join us in this strategic mission.
- He then issues the command, “Go!” This task is not optional on our part. The living God of the universe commands us to do it.
- Then, the Lord, reveals to us that the task will not be easy. In fact, the word picture he uses are defenseless lambs in the midst of a pack of wolves.
We deeply covet your prayers for this trip. I will try to bring you current on what the Lord is doing during our time in Germany.
Gratefully in Christ,