Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full-time/ Part- time/ Volunteer
This position has responsibilities in leading aspects of the affiliate and executing the vision and mission of Compass for the geographic area under the leadership of the Executive Director.
Purpose: Associate Directors assist in leadership for the implementation of the mission of Compass – finances God’s way, which is to equip people worldwide to faithfully apply God’s financial principles so they may know Christ more intimately, be free to serve Him and help fund the Great Commission.
Below are suggested qualifications of an Associate Director, but ultimately the qualifications will be determined by the Executive Director and Affiliate Board.
- Is a maturing follower of Jesus Christ; growing in love for God, walking in obedience to God’s Word, modeling servant leadership and absolute integrity.
- Led a Compass Small Group Study.
- Teachable, continual learner willing to be under authority with a past history of doing so.
- Willing to receive ongoing training and development
- Nurtures an open and supportive relationship with staff and volunteers
- Ability to develop a team
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with a diverse team
- Ability to effectively communicate the Compass vision and mission and core values
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills in a Christ-like manner
- Ability to lead in alignment with Compass’ vision, mission and core values
- Maintains accurate records and files
- A motivated self-starter who can work without close supervision
Below are suggested responsibilities of an Associate Director, but ultimately the responsibilities will be determined by the Executive Director and Affiliate Board:
Pray for the vision, mission and effectiveness of the Compass ministry.
Participate in the fund-raising needs of the area ministry
Serve area churches, businesses, and organizations to fulfill the vision and mission of Compass and the strategies of the Executive Director and Affiliate Board.
As a an Associate Director, you should never use your affiliation with Compass- finances God’s way to promote or influence the sale of any investments or financial services or professional services. Compass- finances God’s way does not endorse, recommend, or sell any financial investments. No one may use their affiliation with Compass to promote or influence the sale of any financial products or services. Compass- finances God’s way does not give specific investment advice.