Reports to: The Affiliate Board
Supervises: Full-time/Part-time staff and Volunteers
Status: Full-time / Exempt
This position has full responsibilities to establish and lead all aspects of the local Compass affiliate organization while executing the vision and mission of Compass for the assigned geographic area. This position involves fundraising to support and sustain the local ministry.
Purpose: Executive Directors provide leadership for the implementation of the mission of Compass – finances God’s way, which is to equip people worldwide to faithfully apply God’s financial principles so they may know Christ more intimately, be free to serve Him and help fund the Great Commission.
- Participates with other Executive Directors to help establish best practices and to help set direction
- Provides leadership to equip people to learn and apply God’s financial principles to people of every age group, economic strata, and culture.
- Leads the affiliate staff and volunteers in:
- Growing together into a close family who depend on God in prayer
- Setting vision and direction for the affiliate
- Recruiting, hiring, training and developing staff and volunteers to accomplish the mission and vision
- Contributes to the spiritual growth and personal development of staff and volunteers
- Provides for the training and professional development of staff and volunteers
- Oversees all aspects of the ministry work and fund development of staff and volunteers
- Provides regular feedback and evaluation of staff including annual performance reviews
- Oversees the administrative services to enable staff and volunteers to serve effectively
- Ensures adherence to Compass policies, procedures, reporting requirements and financial guidelines
Finances and Fund Development
- Oversees the affiliate budget, ensuring adequate income and wise spending to operate with a surplus.
- Establishes and nurtures relationships with contributors who have a desire to help fund the affiliate.
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with key community leaders, pastors, business leaders and the media to raise awareness of Compass
- Represents Compass within the Christian community
- Annually affirms Compass Covenant, Statement of Faith, and Core Values
- Minimum three years ministry and/or work experience preferred
- Willing to receive ongoing training and development
- Nurtures an open and supportive relationship with staff and volunteers
- Ability to develop a team
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with a diverse team
- Ability to effectively communicate the Compass vision and mission and core values
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills in a Christ-like manner
- Ability to lead the affiliate in alignment with Compass’ vision, mission and core values
- Maintains accurate records and files
- A motivated self-starter who can work without close supervision
- Is a maturing follower of Jesus Christ; growing in love for God, walking in obedience to God’s Word, modeling servant leadership and absolute integrity.
As a an Executive Director, you should never use your affiliation with Compass- finances God’s way to promote or influence the sale of any investments or financial services or professional services. Compass- finances God’s way does not endorse, recommend, or sell any financial investments. No one may use their affiliation with Compass to promote or influence the sale of any financial products or services. Compass- finances God’s way does not give specific investment advice.