Financial Ministry Director (Local Church)
Reports to: Church Leadership
This position has responsibilities for developing biblically based financial ministries in your church, the extent of these responsibilities may be determined by the size, vision and mission of your church.
Purpose: Provide leadership to equip people to learn and apply God’s financial principles to people of every age group, economic strata, and culture.
Recommended Qualifications & Responsibilities
Below are recommended qualifications and responsibilities of a Financial Ministry Director, but ultimately these should be determined by church leadership:
- Is a maturing follower of Jesus Christ; growing in love for God, walking in obedience to God’s Word, modeling servant leadership and absolute integrity.
- Participated in a Compass Small Group Study.
- Teachable, continual learner willing to be under authority with a past history of doing so.
- Pray for the vision and effectiveness of the ministry within your church.
- Provide oversight of the following:
- Training needs (small group leaders, coaches, etc)
- Team Development (relative to the size, vision and mission of your church)
- Implementation of resources to meet the needs of your congregation
Meet regularly with church leadership to explore the needs of the congregation and community, evaluate impact of financial ministry and make any appropriate adjustments.
As a Financial Ministry Director, you should never use your affiliation with Compass- finances God’s way to promote or influence the sale of any investments or financial services or professional services. Compass- finances God’s way does not endorse, recommend, or sell any financial investments. No one may use their affiliation with Compass to promote or influence the sale of any financial products or services. Compass- finances God’s way does not give specific investment advice.