Who We Are
Compass is a worldwide nonprofit interdenominational ministry that teaches people of all ages how to handle money based on the principles of the bible.
We are here to serve churches, businesses, ministries, schools and other organizations by providing biblically based solutions on handling money and possessions. Our experience and services include:
1. Leading globally with over 35 years of worldwide service.
2. Bringing awareness to the 2,350 verses in scripture dealing with money and possessions.
3. Equipping your organization with practical tools that open hearts to the transformation that can only come from God’s Word.
4. Assessing your organization’s needs through our experienced field team members to serve everyone in your organization, regardless of their age or financial position.
5. Discovering what God wants for the people in your organization, while not expecting anything from you.
In 1985, Howard Dayton founded Crown Ministries, which merged with Larry Burkett’s organization in 2000 to form Crown Financial Ministries. In 2007, Howard elected to transition from the role of its CEO after serving in this capacity as a full-time unpaid volunteer since 1985.
Howard Dayton founded Compass—finances God’s way to improve and distribute the small group studies globally. The Crown Financial Ministries board graciously allowed Compass to use the materials Howard previously authored so that the studies could continue to be used by the Lord to change lives and draw people closer to Christ.
While Crown and Compass have similar missions to teach God’s financial principles, the primary methods are different. Compass’ focus is to teach primarily in small groups, because it is a proven and extremely effective method to help people apply what they learn.
We believe God is multiplying rather than duplicating the two ministries, so they can each focus on their missions and separately influence more people than they could have as one organization. Please join us in praying that God will use Crown and Compass to radically improve the lives and finances of many people.